Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Strands Cafe a review

From time to time I like to do food reviews. I'm hoping to one day to give up the drudgery of work and eat for a living, until then I submit a few reviews a month to Urbanspoon and Menuism. I'm including this one because you have to go there it is beyond exceptional and the family that owns/runs the place are some of the nicest and appreciative people you will ever meet and the food which is prepared there is great. I mean seriously where else in Baton Rouge can you get a Cubano and homemade Pavlova?? If you aren't familiar with a Cubano let me let you in on a something not to be missed, a Cubano is a wonderful Cuban style espresso with sugar beaten into it and its heaven or as close as I'm likely to get. All of the chocolates are handmade as are the pastries so check out this review and GO there immediately!


All I can say is this place is not to be missed. I have had the pleasure of visiting some great pastry and chocolate shops around the country and I'm always amazed that we have such a stellar establishment here in Baton Rouge. From the handmade chocolate to the delicious pastry and oh did I mention they have Cuban coffee, this is one of my very favorite places to indulge myself. Every chocolate is delicious and the pastries are fresh and offer something new each time I visit. But the food isn't the only reason to visit, the staff are awesome, they are gracious and inviting. Do yourself a favor and try it yourself, you won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment