Powered By Blogger

Saturday, June 11, 2011

Put this place on your "to do" list




Once again I had a great experience at Beausoleil. Colleagues and I decided to go for a late lunch on Friday and the atmosphere was great, everything you could want on a Friday afternoon, if I hadn’t been driving one of our party to the airport later I would have loved to have stayed for a few drinks. The food was really good as well. The table shared two orders of the fried eggplant, which is sliced paper thin and super crispy and was served with some of the best red gravy I’ve had this side of my Italian ex’s father’s Sunday gravy. I also had the duck confit salad which was very fresh but could have used a little more goat cheese and for the roasted pecans to be bigger than the tiny pieces that eventually made their way to edge of plate as they were too small to be picked up by the fork. The salad had a light balsamic dressing and plenty of mostly ripe strawberries. I do have to say that I think calling the ample amount of duck that graced the salad “confit” might have been a stretch as it resemble more of yielding from a technique more akin to roasting or broiling. This duck was moist and tender but lacked flavor. All in all a good salad and great lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment