Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Baton Rouge to Boston

It's been awhile since I have posted and a lot has changed! So I went from a BR foodie which of course was short for Baton Rouge, my hometown, to being a southern girl in New England! To be exact I now reside in Boston, a city I have always loved since the days I used to cry when my mom sang "Please Come to Boston" to me at bath time. I loved the song even though it made me sad for the lonely boy. I always said I was going to Boston and this year I got the opportunity and I took it, packed up and moved to Boston. Now I have always loved all things Boston and now I'm going to make my blog a a view into my journey as I explore Boston and New England. Even though I have been and always be a southern girl at heart, I have always wanted to explore my northern roots. My maternal grandmother Dolores Amaral-Oliveria McKey was indeed born if not raised in Fall River, MA to Portuguese immigrants. My great-grandfather Manual Amaral was a fisherman who lived his life fishing the waters of the coast of Massachusetts while my great-grandmother Emma Oliveria chose to take my grandmother and her brother David to New York. So my Portuguese and Irish roots feel right at home in Boston.

No comments:

Post a Comment